Welcome to Week 8! We're making up for lack of quality with a large quantity of picks. Plenty of chances to score, and with just three weeks left in the season it's time to make a move if you want to take the title.
As we approach the tail end of Season 25, remember to check how many double and triples you have left to use.
Let's do it!
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
The numbers in your selections are binding, not the names. So, if you make a mistake and say "A. (1) – 1 – Thompson to win" ... your official pick will be Solis. Feel free to leave out the names; the numbers will suffice.
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight; you are free to PASS on any pick. But you must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Odlanier Solis vs Tony Thompson (1:30pm EST Friday*, February 27th)
1. Solis to win – risk 8 points to win 4.
2. Thompson to win – risk 4 points to win 8.
*I don't know whether this fight is happening or not, nor when it starts. Get your picks in early just in case 1:30pm is correct, but I will adjust the start time if new information comes to light.
B. Pick the winner - Cletus Seldin vs Johnny Garcia (9pm EST Friday, February 27th)
1. Seldin to win – risk 6.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Garcia to win – risk 2.5 points to win 6.5.
C. Pick the winner - Pablo Cesar Cano vs Juan Carlos Abreu (10:30pm EST Friday, February 27th)
1. Cano to win – risk 7.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Abreu to win – risk 2.5 points to win 7.5.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Tyson Fury vs Christian Hammer (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - 2pm EST Saturday, February 28th)
1. Fury to win – risk 9 points to win 1.
2. Fury by decision – risk 2 to win 8.
3. Fury by stoppage – risk 7 to win 3.
4. Hammer to win – risk 1 points to win 9.
E. Over/Under (12 Rounds) - Tyson Fury vs Christian Hammer (2pm EST Saturday, February 28th)
1. Over 6 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 4.
2. Under 6 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 4.
F. Pick the winner - Chris Eubank Jr vs Dmitry Chudinov (2pm EST Saturday, February 28th)
1. Eubank Jr to win – risk 7 points to win 2.
2. Chudinov to win – risk 2 points to win 7.
G. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Carl Frampton vs Chris Avalos (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - 5:50pm EST Saturday, February 28th)
1. Frampton to win – risk 10.5 points to win 1.5.
2. Frampton by decision – risk 4.5 to win 7.5.
3. Frampton by stoppage – risk 6 to win 6.
4. Avalos to win – risk 1.5 points to win 10.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick. (The name of the fighter and method of victory are optional).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Thompson to win...
A. (2) – 2
For Selection B, if you want Seldin without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 1
For Selection C, if you want to use one of your triples on Abreu...
C. (3) – 2
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...